Type 1 Silt Barrier
DOT Silt Curtains for Calm Water Areas
Triton Type 1 Silt Barrier is an excellent containment option for calm water ponds, lakes, canals, and roadside swales in DOT construction areas. Our turbidity barriers are used to contain silt and suspended solids in water. They limit the spread of pollution in water and help keep sites within compliance requirements. All Type 1 DOT silt curtains are designed for DOT applications and meet or exceed DOT guidelines.
The Type 1 DOT Silt Barrier is the strongest of the Type 1 models. It is designed for calm water areas with DOT regulations, long term projects, or significant silt requirements.
Type 1 Silt Barrier Specifications
|Product Flyer||Product Flyer (PDF)|
|Product Drawing||Drawing (PDF)|
|Installation||Installation Guide (PDF)||Flotation||6" Marine Grade Flotation|
|Fabric||18 oz. Heavy Duty PVC Fabric|
|Section Connectors||Reinforced Grommet Section Ties|
|Bottom Chain||Heavy 1/4" Galvanized Steel Ballast Chain|
|Standard Length||50' or 100'|
|Depth||3' to 20'|
|Length (Metric)||15.2 m or 30.5 m|
|Depth (Metric)||0.9 m to 30.5 m|
Type 1 Silt Barrier Features
- Meets and Exceeds Most State US DOT Requirements
- Designed for use in Protected Waterways
- Quick Section Interconnects
- Inexpensive BMP Solution
- Normally in Stock for Immediate Delivery
- Geotextile Skirts Available Upon Request
Type 1 Silt Barrier Applications
Additional Type 1 Silt Barrier Models
- Type 1 Contractor (13 oz. PVC, 4" Floats)
- Type 1 Economy (13 oz. PVC, 4" or 6" Floats)
- Type 1 Geo (8 oz. Nonwoven Geotextile)
Additional Products for Anchoring and Installation
|Turbidity Curtain Accessories (PDF) - Protect your floating silt barriers!|
|Anchor Kits:||Anchor, Painter Rope, Buoy|
|Tow Bridle:||Helps Distribute Weight during Towing|
|Reefing Lines:||Adjust the Bottom Curtain|
|Tidal Compensator:||Self-Adjust Booms in Tidal Areas|
Choosing the Right Silt Barrier for Your Location
Choosing the right turbidity barrier for your location will depend on several factors. Any time you are considering using a barrier for your location, we advise customers to review the following conditions on their location:
- How fast is the water moving in your location?
- Are there waves?
- How high are the waves and how frequent?
- What tides are present?
- In what type of project will this barrier be used?
- What is the duration of the project?
- What type of material will be contained?
- What is the depth of your water?
- Is there wind? If so, what is the wind speed?
While silt barriers come in standard lengths and depths, we welcome custom sizes! If you have a project with specific requirements, please call us or send us a form highlighting details about your project. Curtains have been made for shallow water application and as deep as 100 feet.
Read answers to customer questions about:
- Connecting Turbidity Barrier Sections
- Calm Water Turbidity Barrier Installation
- Turbidity Curtain Scour Countermeasure Project
- What is the difference between the Economy and DOT turbidity curtain?
- Silt Barriers for Construction Sites
- Rough Cost Estimate For Type 1 Silt Screen
- Silt Barrier Specifications
- What is the Maximum Current for Type 1 Barrier?
- Why is my Turbidity Curtain Not Working?
© Copyright GEI Works 2020. All rights reserved.
GEI Works is a global solutions provider offering our expertise and products to the following states, countries, territories and provinces:
Alabama, AL | Alaska, AK | Arizona, AZ | Arkansas, AR | California, CA | Colorado, CO | Connecticut, CT | Delaware, DE | Florida, FL | Georgia, GA | Hawaii, HI | Idaho, ID | Illinois, IL | Indiana, IN | Iowa, IA | Kansas, KS | Kentucky, KY | Louisiana, LA | Maine, ME | Maryland, MD | Massachusetts, MA | Michigan, MI | Minnesota, MN | Mississippi, MS | Missouri, MO | Montana, MT | Nebraska, NE | Nevada, NV | New Hampshire, NH | New Jersey, NJ | New Mexico, NM | New York, NY | North Carolina, NC | North Dakota, ND | Ohio, OH | Oklahoma, OK | Oregon, OR | Pennsylvania, PA | Rhode Island, RI | South Carolina, SC | South Dakota, SD | Tennessee, TN | Texas, TX | Utah, UT | Vermont, VT | Virginia, VA | Washington, WA | West Virginia, WV | Wisconsin, WI | Wyoming, WY
Countries, Territories and Provinces:
Malaysia, MY | Indonesia, ID | Antigua and Barbuda, AG | Bahamas, BS | Barbados, BB | Belize, BZ | British Virgin Islands, VG | Cayman Islands, KY | Dominican Republic, DO | Grenada, GD | Haiti, HT | Jamaica, JM | Montserrat, MS | Puerto Rico, PR | Saint Lucia, LC | Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, VC | Trinidad and Tobago, TT | Turks and Caicos Islands, TC | United States, US | US Virgin Islands, VI | Mexico, MX | Campeche, CM | Quintana Roo, QR | Yucatan, YU | Central and South America | Canada, CA | Alberta, AB | British Columbia, BC | Manitoba, MB | New Brunswick, NB | Newfoundland and Labrador, NL | Northwest Territories, NT | Nova Scotia, NS | Nunavut, NU | Ontario, ON | Prince Edward Island, PE | Quebec, QC | Saskatchewan, SK | Yukon, YT