Triton Turbidity Curtain
Installing a Type 2 Turbidity Curtain
Question: Do you have any advice on installing a Type 2 Turbidity Curtain?
Answer: We do offer several different pages on Turbidity Curtain Installation that can be used to help with your installation process. If, after reviewing these pages, you still have some additional question, give us a call! We are more than happy to talk through the installation procedure regarding one of our turbidity curtains.
Turbidity Curtain Installation Materials
Please view the information below regarding installation of a turbidity curtain. These pages are designed to act as a guide on how to install these materials in various water locations.
- Turbidity Curtain Insallation Guide (pdf): The basic installation guide is designed to offer general information regarding turbidity curtains and their installation in your location. Please view this general guide to learn helpful tips and installation requirements.
- 3 Step Installation Procedure: The three step installation guide is designed to provide basic information regarding connection between two barriers. This includes three steps for connecting the bottom chain, aluminum slide connectors, and grommet eyes.
- Installation Picture Gallery: This picture gallery provides a visual guide regarding installation of a turbidity curtain. This can help you visualize the installation process for your location.
General Installation Information
As a general guide, the installation of a turbidity curtain will involve the following process:
- Unload the Silt Curtain (secured by vinyl straps)
- Lay out the Section of Curtain
- Attach the Bottom Chain
- Connect the Slide Connectors (Type 2 and Type 3 Barrier only)
- Align and Connect the Grommet Eyes with Rope or Zip Ties
- Tie up the Bottom Skirt
- Tow the Barrier & Anchor it