Seaweed Control Barrier
Barriers for Seaweed Control
Question: We are looking for a seaweed control barrier. I'm in Antigua in the West Indies. The sea weed has been washing on the hotel and beach front properties. What we are trying to create is a barrier to keep beaches clean and seaweed at least swimming distance from shore.
Answer: Yes, you can protect your hotel and beach properties with a seaweed control barrier. We recommend using the Orion Floating Debris Boom to intercept floating seaweed, sargassum and debris before it reaches your beach. Seaweed control and containment is a common requirement for resorts, hotels, and other shoreline properties that area dealing with invasive sargassum, seaweed and algae. Designed to protect swim areas and shorelines, these boom barriers help prevent the spread of invasive aquatic plants before they flow into the swim area.
Floating Booms for Seaweed Control
The most commonly used boom for seaweed control is a product known as the Floating Debris Boom. Made with a robust and flexible material, this seaweed control barrier floats along the surface of the water to effectively contain seaweed and prevent the spread of material to a new location.
Seaweed Boom Features
- Top Flotation: Extends Above the Surface to Control Floating Seaweed
- Bottom Skirt: Contains Seaweed Beneath the Surface
- Impermeable Fabric: Blocks Materials from Entering the Areas
Seaweed Boom Models
- Calm Water Models: Calm water booms are designed for areas with limited flows and limited wave action. They are commonly used in ponds, lakes and other mild water bodies.
- Moving Water Models: Moving water booms are a medium level barriers and are used in locations with mild currents and/or waves. Booms will include a bottom ballast and top tension cable for added support.
- Fast Water Models: Fast water booms are our strongest barriers and are often used on shorelines to help prevent seaweed from spreading.
Advantages to Floating Debris Booms
The floating debris boom can offer several advantages to its use that increases control and helps prevent further spreading of unwanted materials. Advantages include:
- Prevents Seaweed from Contaminating Swim Areas
- Helps Protect Specific Locations
- Surrounds Resorts and Hotels
- Equipped for Long Term Use
- Color Options: Dark Green, Blue or Black Available to Blend in to the Surrounding Area
View all Debris and Seaweed Control Barriers.
© Copyright GEI Works 2020. All rights reserved.
GEI Works is a global solutions provider offering our expertise and products to the following states, countries, territories and provinces:
Alabama, AL | Alaska, AK | Arizona, AZ | Arkansas, AR | California, CA | Colorado, CO | Connecticut, CT | Delaware, DE | Florida, FL | Georgia, GA | Hawaii, HI | Idaho, ID | Illinois, IL | Indiana, IN | Iowa, IA | Kansas, KS | Kentucky, KY | Louisiana, LA | Maine, ME | Maryland, MD | Massachusetts, MA | Michigan, MI | Minnesota, MN | Mississippi, MS | Missouri, MO | Montana, MT | Nebraska, NE | Nevada, NV | New Hampshire, NH | New Jersey, NJ | New Mexico, NM | New York, NY | North Carolina, NC | North Dakota, ND | Ohio, OH | Oklahoma, OK | Oregon, OR | Pennsylvania, PA | Rhode Island, RI | South Carolina, SC | South Dakota, SD | Tennessee, TN | Texas, TX | Utah, UT | Vermont, VT | Virginia, VA | Washington, WA | West Virginia, WV | Wisconsin, WI | Wyoming, WY
Countries, Territories and Provinces:
Malaysia, MY | Indonesia, ID | Antigua and Barbuda, AG | Bahamas, BS | Barbados, BB | Belize, BZ | British Virgin Islands, VG | Cayman Islands, KY | Dominican Republic, DO | Grenada, GD | Haiti, HT | Jamaica, JM | Montserrat, MS | Puerto Rico, PR | Saint Lucia, LC | Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, VC | Trinidad and Tobago, TT | Turks and Caicos Islands, TC | United States, US | US Virgin Islands, VI | Mexico, MX | Campeche, CM | Quintana Roo, QR | Yucatan, YU | Central and South America | Canada, CA | Alberta, AB | British Columbia, BC | Manitoba, MB | New Brunswick, NB | Newfoundland and Labrador, NL | Northwest Territories, NT | Nova Scotia, NS | Nunavut, NU | Ontario, ON | Prince Edward Island, PE | Quebec, QC | Saskatchewan, SK | Yukon, YT