Taurus Dewatering Silt Bags and Socks
Silt and Sediment Control for Construction Sites and Projects
Dewatering Silt Bags and Socks are economical alternatives to traditional filtration products. Designed to attach directly to a discharge pipe or sock, these products quickly filter water as discharge leaves your site. This creates a reliable filtration process that helps prevent unwanted sediment, silt or pollutants from leaving your site.
Our standard length for dewatering pipe socks is 5 feet (60 inches) typically feature a width either 4", 6", 8", 12", or 16" in diameter. Custom sizing is also available, so please do not hesitate to contact our team for more information.
Dewatering Sock Specifications
|8 oz. or 10 oz. Geotextile||4" diameter x 60" (5 feet) Long|
|6" diameter x 60" (5 feet) Long|
|8" diameter x 60" (5 feet) Long|
|12" diameter x 60" (5 feet) Long|
|16" diameter x 60" (5 feet) Long|
See the Installation Instruction Guide to learn how to properly use our dewatering socks.
Dewatering Silt Bag Features
- Fabric: Nonwoven Geotextile Material
- Standard Diameters: 4", 6", 8", 12" and 16"
- Standard Length: 60"
- Custom Sizing Available
Dewatering Silt Bag Benefits
- Fast Filtration of Runoff and Discharge
- Addresses Filtration Requirements at the Source
- Extended Length for Added Filtering
- Easy Control from Pumps or Hoses
- Helps construction /project sites comply with NPDES, 40 CFR 122.26 (1999)
- Can be implemented as a SWPPP Solution
How Does This Dewatering Product Keep you in Compliance?
- Helps You to Comply with NPDES, 40 CFR 122.26 (1999)
- Filters Sediment out of Stormwater
- SWPPP Solution
- Stormwater BMP
Additional Dewatering Solutions
For areas with additional dewatering requirements, GEI Works also offers large dewatering bags and tubes. These higher volume bags are designed specifically for areas with significant sediment and silt containment requirements.
- Dewatering Silt Bags: Made from 8 oz or 10 oz filter fabric, these bags sit along ponds or sites to contain any filtered materials as they flow out of the bag.
- Dewatering Tubes: For larger projects, dewatering tubes are commonly implemented due to their increased strength and storage potential.
View all our Dewatering Solutions.