Debris Boom, Oil Boom, Aquatic Plant Boom and More
Debris and Oil Containment Boom are floating barriers designed to contain and control pollutants and aquatic plants such as oil, debris, seaweed, hyacinth, timber, leaves, trash and plastic. Available in models that can accommodate calm water, moving water and fast/open water, a containment boom works to prevent the spread of materials in almost any area.
Oil Containment Boom and Absorbent Boom
|Oil Containment Boom
Trash and Debris Boom
|Trash Net Boom
||Permanent Debris Boom
Steel Mesh Boom
Standard Debris Boom
Floating Boom Barrier Choices
Regardless of whether you're using a debris barrier, oil spill boom or turbidity curtain, taking your water conditions into account is an important step in determining the right marine boom for your location. Factors you will want to consider typically include:
- Type of Water Location (lake, pond, river, stream, etc.)
- Water Velocity
- Waves and Tides (are they present? how often? what size?)
- What type of Material is Being Contained (oil, silt, debris, logs, ice)
Trash and Debris Boom Variety
We offer a versatile range of barriers and containment booms to help keep trash contained to your site. Models are made from PVC, steel or HDPE, depending on what type of containment is needed. Please check out the list below to help choose the best trash boom for your location:
- Debris Boom - A dependable trash and debris boom designed to contain floatable trash, small timbers, and aquatic plants. This marine boom can be used for either short or long-term pollution management.
- Debris and Trash Net Boom - Created as a floating net, it can be used to control trash and debris, or prevent aquatic life and jellyfish from entering. Great for underwater pollution control.
- Permanent Booms - One of the highest strength options for trash and debris containment. These booms feature HDPE floats that create a robust containment area around your materials.
- Steel Trashmesh Floating Debris Barrier - Made with steel so slightly larger or heavier litter can be properly contained.
Technical Specification Pages
Containment and Absorbent Marine Booms
For containment of oil and hydrocarbons, GEI Works offers both a standard floating containment boom and an oil absorbent boom. Both products feature a flexible shape that allows them to curve around spills and leaks.
- Standard Oil Booms- A classic containment boom often used in large spill clean up activities. These oil booms will hold oil to a site until skimmers and other clean up methods are underway.
- Absorbent Booms- Often used on smaller water or land based sites. These oil booms contain and absorb oil during clean up.
Using Containment Booms in your Location
A floating containment boom is often used as a control device around floating materials or in front of areas that need to be protected from potential contaminants. Depending on your location and protection requirements, a containment boom can be installed in various manners to direct or block items.
Booms can be installed along shorelines to direct debris for easy cleanup. A containment boom can also be installed across intake openings to prevent unwanted items from entering.
© Copyright GEI Works 2020. All rights reserved.
GEI Works is a global solutions provider offering our expertise and products to the following states, countries, territories and provinces:
Alabama, AL | Alaska, AK | Arizona, AZ | Arkansas, AR | California, CA | Colorado, CO | Connecticut, CT | Delaware, DE | Florida, FL | Georgia, GA | Hawaii, HI | Idaho, ID | Illinois, IL | Indiana, IN | Iowa, IA | Kansas, KS | Kentucky, KY | Louisiana, LA | Maine, ME | Maryland, MD | Massachusetts, MA | Michigan, MI | Minnesota, MN | Mississippi, MS | Missouri, MO | Montana, MT | Nebraska, NE | Nevada, NV | New Hampshire, NH | New Jersey, NJ | New Mexico, NM | New York, NY | North Carolina, NC | North Dakota, ND | Ohio, OH | Oklahoma, OK | Oregon, OR | Pennsylvania, PA | Rhode Island, RI | South Carolina, SC | South Dakota, SD | Tennessee, TN | Texas, TX | Utah, UT | Vermont, VT | Virginia, VA | Washington, WA | West Virginia, WV | Wisconsin, WI | Wyoming, WY
Countries, Territories and Provinces:
Malaysia, MY | Indonesia, ID | Antigua and Barbuda, AG | Bahamas, BS | Barbados, BB | Belize, BZ | British Virgin Islands, VG | Cayman Islands, KY | Dominican Republic, DO | Grenada, GD | Haiti, HT | Jamaica, JM | Montserrat, MS | Puerto Rico, PR | Saint Lucia, LC | Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, VC | Trinidad and Tobago, TT | Turks and Caicos Islands, TC | United States, US | US Virgin Islands, VI | Mexico, MX | Campeche, CM | Quintana Roo, QR | Yucatan, YU | Central and South America | Canada, CA | Alberta, AB | British Columbia, BC | Manitoba, MB | New Brunswick, NB | Newfoundland and Labrador, NL | Northwest Territories, NT | Nova Scotia, NS | Nunavut, NU | Ontario, ON | Prince Edward Island, PE | Quebec, QC | Saskatchewan, SK | Yukon, YT